• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they take our car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpercivill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Can a finance company take money out of your checking account wiith out your permission. There was no payment due? I tried to call them to see what was going on and keep getting an automated system. I called the BBB and they said that the company has had close to 400 complaints in the last year ( all unanswered). I rearanged my finances to compensate for the payment that wat taken with out our permission and have continued to try to reach the finance company (still automated system). We have continued making all of our payments and I get a call from a repo man a couple of days ago. I dont know what to do.. I have all of our bank statemets showing that we have made the payments. I also have the original contract from when we bought the car ( we are 100% in compliance.) The repo man informed me that he will take the car when we are sleeping and I can hire an attorney to get it back...

What do I do?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Can a finance company take money out of your checking account wiith out your permission. There was no payment due? I tried to call them to see what was going on and keep getting an automated system. I called the BBB and they said that the company has had close to 400 complaints in the last year ( all unanswered). I rearanged my finances to compensate for the payment that wat taken with out our permission and have continued to try to reach the finance company (still automated system). We have continued making all of our payments and I get a call from a repo man a couple of days ago. I dont know what to do.. I have all of our bank statemets showing that we have made the payments. I also have the original contract from when we bought the car ( we are 100% in compliance.) The repo man informed me that he will take the car when we are sleeping and I can hire an attorney to get it back...

What do I do?

**A: what a chicken sh*t repo man. He does not have to take the car while you're sleeping. He could take your car anytime; while you're at work, shopping etc.

rpercivill

Thank you I realize that he can take it anytime. But how can he take it leagally? And why should I have to hire an attorner to get a car back that should have never been taken? I have no doubt that a judge would clearly see that we are in compliance with our contract, but what do I do for a car in the time that it could take to go to court. I know this finance company was bought out a couple of months ago ( we never had any problems with them before we have had the car 4 years) and getting ahold of them has proven to be Impossible. I had my credit report ran , guess what "no late payments reported by them" and for the contact information it says no number contact by mail.

MIAUTO

I would suggest contacting the dealer where you obtained the vehicle. Ask to speak with the Business Manager/Finance Manager. He or she will more than likely have a dedicated dealer phone number for the lender.

I would suspect that if your loan has been sold to another lender, a new account number may have been issued. It may be possible that the loan is not crediting properly on their end.

BTW... Who is the lender? I may have the phone number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">