• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dependant reciving ssdi supplement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cuppy308

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Wife was RN. when she had debillitating stroke. been on SSDI yr and a half now. son also receiving supplement as dependant . He is now 18. SSDI stopped payment on him as he turned 18. Received ltr from SSDI requesting how his money deposited. to keep her disability sent to her direct deposit to chking acct seperate opened minor savings acct to establish direct deposit to him. Since my wife no longer makes the kind of money she made before and only ssdi, I had to pay most of bills and pay for dependant son clothing and school monies , supplies , food etc. now that I need money for things for house repairs
and couldn't save the i used to , the SSDI sent ltr requesting if money left over in his SON'S savings acct plus any interest be paid back to SSDI. Just because there is money in his acct shouldn't mean that his needs weren't taken care of and paid by me and thought
I could use this . Now I need it and SSDI wants to know how much overpaid (still left in his acct opened up just for him. most of it still there . Should I have never let his payments accululate and withdrew his money to support him rather than me going paycheck to paycheck to support him. I figure with my wife, myself and 2 dependants( my daughter was already 18 at time of het stroke and disability) SO, will SSDI REQUIRE MONEY BACK THAT WAS SET UP FOR him and thus lost??????????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">