• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vinminson

i have lost my job today 02/16/01
i am a bartender in concrd calif.
on wed. 02/14/01 i cashed a check for a customer witch i have done several times they now tell me they are not paying me untill i pay them for this check because come to find out the check in question was a stolen check.
i walked in to go to work ,i had been replaced , they asked for my key , i gave it to the manager and asked her for my check she said it would be there at 11:00 am at this time it was 10:30 in that time the police came in and questioned me about two people that they were looking for one of witch they arested in the bar on 02/14/01 on a stolen vehicle charge witch i have nothing to do with
anyway if there firing me don't they have to give me my check on the spot? and they still have not said why they are firing me.
i would like to be refferd to someone in my area and advised as to what to do

H

hannah jo

If terminated by the employer, California law requires you to be paid all wages due to you immediately. If not, youc an fiel a claim with the Labor Commissioner for unpaid wages, interest and penalties.

Unless you had a contrcat for a employment for a specific period of time, you may not have much claim about regaining or retaining your employment. Anyone who operates a bar or night club certainly does not want any cloud of illegal conduct related to their business as they coudl lose their liquor license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">