• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoptive Parent Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Background:

A mother of 2 marries a man who adopts the kids and he has raised and loved them for
12+ years. At time of adoption, mother claimed she didn't know who the father of her kids was due to excessive drinking,too many partners, etc.
18 months ago couple separate and decide to divorce. Adoptive father continued to be involved with kids' , having visitation as much as possible, as he should.
A few months ago, mother claimed that the eldest daughter wanted to meet bio dad, and hmm.. a miracle...she reaches him and he comes to meet daughter. But-- he begins to inject himself daily in kids' lives (they 'surprised' the younger one with the news of his "return") he moves in to their home and slowly the kids stop wanting to see adoptive father since their "real" dad is around now.
So.. 1. Since it appears mother lied about knowing who bio dad was and he never terminated his rights, is it possible that adoption then was never legal?If so, how does that effect the existing adoption and support orders and further hearings? OR--
2. Since bio dad is living in home and the parent/child relationship is fading for adoptive father, can he then terminate parental rights including support? And where can I find the Ca codes that explain voluntary termination of rights?

I really need help figuring this out- I'd appreciate any assistance!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Are you practicing law?[/QUOTE]

No I am not practicing law. I am involved in a variety of research and investigative consulting for free assistance programs. I do not advise anyone on the law. I only do the research and give findings to appropriate person. There is an attorney who donates his time, however, he doesn't always have the answer for every situation, nor does he do any research

You have started 18 other threads on various subjects.
With all do respect, is this a problem? Most of the time I can find the correct information on my own, but when all my reading and searching leads me to nowhere,hoping someone relates to a situation I come across or at least maybe has some insight to share with me,I occasionally turn to this forum for extra help. If you no longer wish that I utilize this site for assistance, reverently, I will stop.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Awe, come on, SJ! I think it's a nice touch to expect others to provide info for free, and then turn around and essentially sell it. Capitalism at its best!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">