• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver ed problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reneep41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My son had a falling out with his driver ed instructor. I think it was because of a mixup and a missed driving appointment. After he missed the appointment the subsequent appointments were cancelled. But we were never informed they were cancelled and as we waited for the car to show it never came. So I called the school to find out what the problem was. The school has a recorder and you leave a message and someone calls you back. I never got a call back and after about 2 weeks of calling I happened to get the owner as she picked up the phone. I asked her what had happened and I got a rambling camplaint about her wasting enough time on my son. I still don't know if he did anything more than miss an appointment. We managed to schedule another driving time and after that my son came home stressed and upset. the instructor has lectured him the whole time on his driving and how he must have learned all his bad habits from his parents. I then called again with another week or more going by with no call back. Finally she called me and said my son was not mature enough to get a license and she was not going to continue his driving instruction and to stop calling her.
Many of the times I called I often apologized for the mixup and asked if she would call me to see if we could solve the problem. I've never yelled or threatened, I've only called often but only because no one calls back.
My concern is now I paid for all these driving classes that are not transferable to a new school. Only classroom time is transferable. I have contacted the registry to see if they will waive this policy since she cancelled the deal. But there was no written contract.
I am most likely going to small claims court to see if I can get my money back especially if we have to start over.
Are there any other options I might have???
Renee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">