• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poker Site Robbed Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GeorgeTchryn

I am 17 years old and I was allowed to play on and online poker site. I had entered my birthday and all the information correctly and they allowed me to make a deposit, 4 times after losing my previous deposits. After my 4th deposit, I re-earned my losses and made a profit. Upon attempting withdrawal, they checked my information, said I violated the user agreement and refused to pay me my winnings.

My money was at risk, and if i didn't win it back, i would've have lost it and that would've been it. They didn't check my information when i made the deposits but upon withdrawl, given the SAME information, they rejected me. What do you suggest I do? Should I pursue this and how?

acmb05

I am 17 years old and I was allowed to play on and online poker site. I had entered my birthday and all the information correctly and they allowed me to make a deposit, 4 times after losing my previous deposits. After my 4th deposit, I re-earned my losses and made a profit. Upon attempting withdrawal, they checked my information, said I violated the user agreement and refused to pay me my winnings.

My money was at risk, and if i didn't win it back, i would've have lost it and that would've been it. They didn't check my information when i made the deposits but upon withdrawl, given the SAME information, they rejected me. What do you suggest I do? Should I pursue this and how?
Yea good luck with that. All gambling sites are located off shore or in other Countries. Online gambling is illegal in the United States. The courts will not allow you to gain from illegal activity.

CJane

Please carefully read the TOS you agreed to when you clicked submit.

You see, it's NOT illegal to play poker when you're under 21. It's illegal to PLAY FOR MONEY. They weren't doing anything wrong in allowing you to play. And you voluntarily gave them your money when you KNEW you were too young to legally participate in a game for money.

Antigone*

Poker site robbed you:confused:. You just didn't gamble correctly.

He He... pursue this??? sure ask mom and dad to buy you a ticket to Costa Rica and cry to the owners of the website in person. You won't get your money back but I've heard that Costa Rica is a beautiful place to visit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">