• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misled before signing contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluerev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I have a question about consumer contracts. Is it legal to mislead someone before having them sign a contract? (E.g. saying "Sure we can split it 50/50, just sign this contract" but have the contract language indicate otherwise.)

I feel I was misled directly by a salesman before signing a contract, and after being assured the contract included what we discussed and being intimidated by the legal language in the contract, I signed based mostly on our discussion beforehand. I am wondering if I have any legal ground to stand on in saying I was misled before signing the contract (if I have a witness, etc.). Probably not, but couldn't hurt to ask!

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">