• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should i plea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

treemonkey3

Oregon

So on august 1 i was at a party and the cops came and busted it. i was at my buddies who is twenty-one and he got four counts of furnishing minors. That night he admitted to the cops he furnished all the alcohol. I made a statement to the cop and he ask me did i bring any alcohol and i said yes a six pack. he then as if i let minors have any i said i put it in the fridge. he ask if i knew any of them were minors. i said i did not id them.
Then on the 21st the cops came to my house and came to cite me. when i got to the pd the next day the officer said the DA wanted him to recite me. i ask how i could be recited if i never got cited in the first place?
So my buddie is willing to go to court with me and tell them i did not furnish to the minors. i would have to plea not guilty though right? Which means i would get worse punishment if found guilty?
So what should i plea?

calatty

Plead not guilty and get a lawyer. You did not say anything incriminating so you have a decent defense. You can still plead guilty later if the DA makes a good offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">