• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

docfrazier

My girlfriend(in california) separated from her husband almost a year ago. And her and her 2kids have been staying with her parents. She was wanting to come back to arkansas and get a divorce and all of the sudden her husband shows up in california for one of the kids birthday. The husband provoked her into a fight and she got charged and booked with domestic violence. The husband has took the kids and her transportation back to arkansas since then. Her court date is on Feb 23,01. Will a judge let her come back to arkansas and do her punishment here so she can see her kids and proceed with a divorce? She had told me she had to take a domestic violent class 1 time a week for 52 weeks? There would have to be a way she could move back here couldn't there, as long as she took classes here?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

She really needs a lawyer to see: if she can go to Arkansas and complete her sentence there AND the situation with her children and divorce.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">