• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ankle Monitor Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConfusedWife28

What is the name of your state?
I am located in CA.
Thank you in advance for your help. My husband just got sentenced to 2 months on the ankle monitoring device.
I am really having a hard time figuring out what his limitations are.
His job requires him to go from one place to another all day (sales) and I am wondering if he can do his job with in set hours on the monitor.
Also can he travel out of state with the permission of his PO for a few days?
I'm a huge emotional mess right now and totally confused. I would appreciate any help.

xylene

I'm a huge emotional mess right now and totally confused. I would appreciate any help.
Consider a temporary separation from your husband of at least the duration of his sentence.

These difficulties and restrictions are punishments for his crime.

They are not your punishments.

You should not be managing hubby's sentence.

It is an unhealthy role for a wife.

ConfusedWife28

Well he's on a list to get a PO. We have his brothers wedding to go to during the time he might be on the monitor. I would go alone but have an illness and we have a younge child I can't care for alone. The stress from this is making me sicker and I'm just trying to see what's ahead.
Is there anyway to expedite him getting on a monitor? That way his sentence can be done in time but they say it might take 5 weeks to get on it.
Thank you again.

ConfusedWife28

I totally get that we need to both make changes in our lives for the next few months. They told him it could take up to 5 weeks to get a monitor and he could come off early for good behavior. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an ankle monitor?
Is there a chance that they would not let him go to work? He has never been in trouble with anything and this was a stupid mistake that he made many years ago and it's a misdemeanor.
Thank you for your help. He's stuck it out with me through one illness after another so there is no way I'm not going to be there. I've never know anyone who's been on house arrest or even arrested I'm just trying to get some information.

ConfusedWife28

Yes. His lawyer said that the judge came real hard on him and he originally thought it was going to be some community service.
I guess the shock has worn out a bit today. We'll get through this together I just wish there was some more information out there.
Thank you again.

seniorjudge

Yes. His lawyer said that the judge came real hard on him and he originally thought it was going to be some community service.
I guess the shock has worn out a bit today. We'll get through this together I just wish there was some more information out there.
Thank you again.
What was the misdemeanor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">