• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with Lexus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The car is in Tx, it was registered and purchased in Kentucky.
The problem I'm having is a fundamental problem with all new Lexus IS 250 (manuals). 100% of the people on the Lexus IS forums (my.is) with 250 manuals; the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plates were not design properly for the car. The result is:
- considerably fast wear and tare
- unsoundly noises
- constant "clunking" noises between gears
- lots of "chatter"
- low spring rates - so low that they would literally slip away and could be heard by flooring the car near a wall
The stock setup of the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plates are amazingly oversized and heavy. It weighed in at 58 lbs with the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel assembly. The stock setup has a dual mass flywheel with a lightweight under sized clutch and oversized Supra TT type pressure plate (almost identical).
These problems begin around 1,000 miles and are very noticeable, one person so far has been able to fix these problems and that was by replacing the three mentioned parts.
To fix these problems it would be about $2,000 in parts + labor, is there anything that I can do in order to get Lexus to fix these unnecessary problems, and would this put my car under lemon law?
PS. My car is a 2007 Lexus IS 250 (bought a year ago, almost to the day) and it now currently has 20,000 miles. Thank you for your time and help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">