• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furniture return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmottel

Nevada

Hello,

If anyone can help with this case, or just give me somewhat of an idea what I should do I would appreciate it.

We bought some furniture in February from a company that was going out of business, called Furniture Showcase; however the sale was done through the liquidator called Design Furniture (or MG Smith). We bought a bedroom set with bed frame, nightstands, etc and a loveseat and sofa. Delivery was supposed to be 7-10 days. Next week they showed up with some of the bedroom stuff, missing the nightstands and delivering queen bed instead of king, and no love seat and sofa. They kept telling us the missing parts are coming...they never came. So, we filed a dispute with the credit card company back in March and finally made a decision in my favor. So my Credit Card was never charged, and now I am looking for someone to pick up the furniture in my garage (which is still in the same original wrapping). The initial business is out of business and I cant get a hold of anyone from the liquidation company...obviously I want the furniture out of my garage, but not sure what to do with it. I would need to know if there is any statute of limitation on how long I have to keep it before I can get rid of it and be safe if the merchant ever asks for it..:)

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">