• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

a11301

Hi, my name is Angela and I'm hoping someone could direct me in the right direction. Or even tell me if I have a leg to stand on in this matter.
On 5/19/2008 I bought a 2008, Chevrolet,
Silverado 1500 LT, Crew Cab 6P, Pickup - Full Sized
Engine: 5.3L V8 SFI. At the time I purchased it the Odometer Reading was - 578.
I wasn't going to buy a new truck I was actually there to return a truck my husband had been told that he was financed for and over a month later was told he was not. He had put $5,000.00 down. He had bought the truck as a work truck and after 1 month we had put almost 5,000 miles on. They wanted me to go on the paper work with him for credit reasons and I refused (I hadn't liked the truck since day 1), But I told them if I could pick another truck and still put the 5,000.00 toward the one I picked then I would - under the agreement that the other truck would not be involved only the down payment. They agreed and I actually went on the paper work alone. Like I said I had not gone with the intention of purchasing only returning. My husband ended up leaving and having to go to work and I told them I had about 4 hours to make it back to Clewiston (the next town where I live about 30 min. away) to get my child from school. I never saw a window sticker but was told the price was $41,000.00 with a rebate of $4,250.00 we had already put the $5,000.00 and they said they needed 2,000.00 more, So that should have brought me down to $29,750.00 And then of course they add taxes and few other things. But when it got down to signing the contract I had 3 minutes to get out of there and ( I know how stupid that is - but my mind was not prepared for all this - on this day - I wasn't focused for purchasing I was returning) anyway some how I ended up financing $37,385.00 I still don't know how. And without the window sticker, I guess I won't. I was not aware that my not seeing a Monroney sticker is a big NO NO, until I just recently! Anyway the next day I had to go back to dealer so they could show me how to work the Onstar and to get me registered with them and they also had to clean the truck. When the salesman got in the truck with me so we could register with Onstar he said we would have to let them know that this was for a different owner because the truck had actually been purchased by someone already before, And they had decided that they couldn't afford it so they had brought it back and that’s why it was dirty and had 578 miles on it already. I just read that there are very strict laws about under what condition you sell a vehicle, So I got out my paper work and checked it out and sure enough they have in the box where it ask - NEW/ USED/ DEMO - they clearly have "NEW" typed in.
As if this isn't enough to send me over the edge about 2/3 weeks after I got my new truck I had a guy come up the truck to me at my mailboxes and ask me where I had bought it and after I told him where I bought it he said he had just come from the same dealership and had actually taken a truck identical to mine home the night before to test it out (except the color was black and mine is blue - but everything else was the same) and he really wanted it, but the next day when it came time to sign papers the guy doing the paperwork was being real ****y and rude and he had told them to forget the deal he would take his biz somewhere else. But he informed me that he was really regretting it because it was a great deal. And I was like "what do you mean a great deal?" and he said - they were selling it for 32,000.00 and after the $4,250.00 rebate the price would be $27,000.00!! -- This is $2,000.00 less than what I should have paid AFTER putting $7,000.00 out of my pocket and he was putting $0. So I believe that these people took me for a great ride and it is really annoying me that someone can rip someone else off like that. At first I figured that I would just have to live with it because I signed the papers. But after reading up on this subject I am hoping there is something I can do, as far as the dealership removing the window sticker, never showing it to me and them selling the truck as new when it had actually been sold and then returned after 578 miles put on it, Not to mention that just flat, straight out, ripped me off.
Thank You,
Angela Bauer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">