• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Case Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EricJGibbs

Hello,

My name is Eric Gibbs, an 18 year old male from Michigan.

I am currently being charged with Possession of Child Sexual Abusive Material. MCL 750.145c(4). 4-Year Felony. With what I get charged with being the bottom of the Guideline.

If correct, I will be facing 0-6 months imprisonment (bottom of the guideline would be 0 months), and registering to the Sex Offender Registry.

My court date is on September 2nd, the first day of my Senior year for High School, which I can not go to, thanks to a Release Order stating I can not be in contact with anyone under 17 years of age without parent supervision.

I have done a lot of research regarding HYTA (The Holmes Youthful Trainee Act), and am trying to figure out what all this talk regarding if you're sentenced under HYTA after October 1, 2004 you do not have to register to SORA. I can not however find the information I am looking for, and was wondering if you had any knowledge of HYTA.

Thanks for your time,
Eric J. Gibbs

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">