• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indictment papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbirdie

I was just released on bond 2 days ago and recieved a call from the county jail stating that they need me to drive all the way back down there to pick up my indictment papers by tuesday. My trial is already set to begin on Oct. 8th. The officer said it was very important that I come down asap to pick up these paper, that they made a mistake and should of given them to me before I was released.

Should I go or ask them to bring them to me? Can they set a c ourt date before they have served me with these papers? My wife is due to give birth on Oct 2cd and I want to push back the trial date so I can be with her for the birth of our son. Do I have a leg to stand on with this?

tranquility

Ask your attorney. I'm not sure why you need to go through the effort or expense to do so. Something about this makes me think that, if you do go, you should bring a toothbrush.

dbirdie

Thanks for the advice, I think that your right... I have a feeling as soon as I get there they will try to lock me up again. My public defender is not helping at all, it's a small county and I don't think he has interest in defending me the way I want... but I'm having a hard time finding a free will attorney I can afford. All around something about this feels wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">