• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They flat out lied...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Curious

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
I'm unsure if I'm posting in the wrong section but hopefully someone can provide some assistance. This isn't the end of the world and I'm not going to throw a lot of money into this but would like some input because I'm a little mad about the whole situation.

I called into DIRECTV to get my account reactivated. I had been a customer in the past but had been swayed away by a competitor due to cost savings. After finding out that DIRECTV's product was superior I decided to make the switch back regardless of the cost. I spoke to a sales rep who had an accent and you could tell that English was indeed her second language. After going over the promotions I was eligible for she told me about one where I would keep the same cost for the entirety of the time I stayed with DIRECTV. Seeing it was a good deal considering the programming I would get I made sure to repeat it to the rep who repeated what I said and replied yes. Seeing as I liked the offer we then went ahead and completed the deal. After about a month or so I received my first bill that, to my surprise, said that this promotion's pricing only lasted 4 months. I then immediately called them to get it straightened out. After about 3 weeks of going back and forth with them and hours on hold they ultimately told me that it was a "misunderstanding", 4 months was all they could do, and they could not access the recorded phone message between me and their rep to verify what was said (absolute lie). Frustrated and angry I filed a complaint with the Attorney General. After about a month they replied, in summary, that it was a misunderstanding, sorry, and that the 4 months was all they could do.

To me this constitutes false advertising and if you have reps (who represent your company) that truly don't understand your promotions then they shouldn't be on the phone. If this representative of DIRECTV makes a commitment shouldn't the company be held to stand behind that commitment? I'm not going to spend thousands on an attorney to dispute something as small as this but I am a little pissed off and would like to exhaust all free options to get them to honor their initial commitment by their rep and bring attention to this disservice. Does anyone have any ideas?

The Attorney General response said something about being able to file action on my own in Justice Court. What does that mean?

Slowpoke

Liars Big Time Liars!!!!

OMG 2curious (n.c. here)

I am or went threw the same crap,It has cost me $256.00 just to get the dish,and 2 recievers, and 2 weeks for someone to come install it,and activate it. Well 2 weeks later they HIRED a contractor to install it. After many,many,many 1-800 numbers,and waiting on hold they came the day before yesterday.

NOW you are making me think about my first bill when i get it. I spoke with my neighbors retailer(where sh bought her dish,and recievers from,and he said WOOOOOOO NO WAY I would of charged you 256 for your gear. Well I will have news for my billing,I am going to tell them to take they bill money out of the 256 they TOOK so graciously from me,and KNEW!!!!! they were doing wrong,Just passed me from number to number after taking my credit card #.(thank The Lord they were only those short term visa cards you can buy,and not an account with cash in it.

I still don't trust this company,but hubby keeps saying don't worry.
I am sorry they slung you the same S**T they are me. Good luck with the LIARS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">