• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

M.P. Alcohol just off private residence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MasterTrotter

What is the name of your state? Oregon

2 friends(ages 23 and 20) and myself (age 19) were playing card and dice games, when alcohol was produced by the 20 year old. After several failed game on my part the large 100 proof bottle was empty and i had drinking over 70%. I told my friends i should go to sleep. next thing i know we were in a restaurant. then i was 1 block from our house sitting on the ground while my friend was speaking to 5 officers, in the morning i was informed that the cops didn't think either of my friends had drinkin and that i was drinking alone and they found me and were taking me home.

this came with a 343 dollar fine and a court date.
charge 471-430 M.P. Alcohol

I'm fully prepared to plea guilty and pay the fine, but i would like to not lose a months pay check if any advice can help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Stop drinking. And recognize that breaking the law has consequences. Like losing your paycheck to fines.

MasterTrotter

I am fully prepared to stop and wait for 1.5 years, its to much fun to stop completely, and besides soon the age will become 18 for drinking and ill just have to not be in public, though thanks for at least responding.

Some Random Guy

soon the age will become 18 for drinking
Just because a group of college presidents proposed discussing changing the drinking age to 18 does not mean that the federal government or your state government representatives have even considered the issue.

Expect nothing to happen to the drinking age for at least 4 years - even if there is widespread agreement that change is the right thing to do.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually the military has been saying it since Vietnam. But apparently they still haven't been heard.
The drinking age was 18 in many states after Vietnam, dude. The changed it to 21 after that. I don't think the military had anything to do with it.

I do, however, think that you've already killed a lot of brain cells. Pity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">