• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIRED! DO I HAVE A LEGAL ACTION?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luabelle

State: West Virgina, I was employed by a local temporary agencie sending me to a big local Hospital, Crossed one of the supervisor's and a call was made to the temp agencie that I could not return there until I had a Doctors Excuse saying I did not have a contagious infection. No medical care, no cash, not allowed to work. Did manage to go to the Doctor and get test, was off work a whole week waiting for test results to come in cost $60 for Doctor,$45 for Test and weeks worth of wages approx. $280.00 , was told that could not return position terminated, no excuse. Test was not even back yet? Can I recoop the cost of time off and medical expense? Test came back NEG.-- Worked there 4mths. Was lead to believe I would be hired on permantley.

[Edited by luabelle on 02-17-2001 at 11:41 PM]

ALawyer

Try Small Claims Court as it sounds like they put you thru expense in bad faith, but I doubt you'll win much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">