• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Was Scammed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Expensivelesson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I bought a used refrigerator from a used appliance store with a 90 day warranty. The refrigerator died within a month, so I called the salesman that sold it to me (he gave me his cell #). He did not return my calls, so I called the store and learned that the number on the business card did not work. I went to the store only to learn that it was closed. Had I known that the store was closing and my warranty would not be honored, I never would have bought it. I did some research and found out that the store owner was leasing the building. I talked to the owners of the building and found out that he was evicted for nonpayment and that all of the appliances there were broken. I called our local news channels and one referred me to a mediaton service. They received no response from the store.

I did more research on the owner and found out that he has another store (if you want to call it that...it's in a barn type structure). I went to that store to try to talk to the owner, but he was not there, so I left my number for him. He called me anonymously (he doesn't know that his cell phone and home phone numbers were posted in the store, but I have not used them) and said that I could not sue him because the old business was an LLC. He also threatened to have me arrested for harassment if I come back to the other store (funny that I only went there once but now I'm harassing him). Is there any way that I can sue this guy (or the closed company) for intentionally selling me a product that he knew would not work? Or for breaking the warranty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">