• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate agent misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kk_kk44

Florida: This question is regarding real estate agents professional misconduct
Buying depressed properties is not new but what is new is for real estate agents to badmouth (making untrue statements) a property long enougjh to label it unsalable so sellers won't be able to sell their property directly and cause sellers to loose their property then they buy those properties at a bargain price.
They oppose and fight any seller(by badmouthing and steering buyers away by putting fear in the mind of other agents so they won't try to sell that particular property) who tries to sell the property themselves.
In the meantime real estate agents continuously solicit the listing. When the seller accepts to list the property in the MLS. They take control and tie up the property (sometimes for as long as 6 months at a time) as they only accept exclusive listing agreement, and then they do not show the property, they steer buyers away, reflecting in the MLS computer "the house did not sell for YEARS, something must be wrong with it" " I do not think you will be interested in it","you can have a good bargain and make a very low offer"

If I have all the facts (proven and documented) what are the procedures:
1. A demand letter and ask for damages?
2. or do I still need to file a lawsuit?
What kind of expertize an attorney should have to handle this case? anti-trust? trial? real estate? civil? fraud/ conspiracy/contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">