• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with M.P.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Radcannon

I live in Michigan and recently was up north by the Lake Huron floating.

Me and about 7 of my friends the cops pulled us over on the river and checked us, I was the only one under 21 I blew a .09 after finishing my third beer a minute before being stopped.

They wrote me a ticket but have no discription of the person responsible on the ticket, no drivers liscense number, the wrong middle name, an old address that I haven't lived at for a year but that my liscense is registered to and my correct birth date. Is there any way to fight this because een the river name was wrong and there are no icident numbers on it and I can not see the officer's id number. They also refused a second breathalizer after the ticket because I said I had just finished my last beer like just using mouth wash. They also didn't write down a detection device but I am not sure if that matters.

Also do you know if this goes down on my record, it says only misdemeanor and pay the fine. I jsut think what a waste of our tax money I mean I am a junior in college when else am I supposed to have agood time.

You can have a good time each and every day. You can have a good time with alcohol on or after your 21st birthday.

I can surely guarantee that you were spotted drinking and all the other stuff (ie device name, reading etc.) is of no consequence. You were drinking and it's against the law for anyone under 21 years of age.

You should be asking how to prepare for your trip before the judge (ie, what to wear, how to act, whether or not to chew gum).

Radcannon

It was a fine don't have to go to court. Although might to fight it thanks for the advice knew that didn't ask for how to dress or if i should be disrespectful by chewing gum. Drinking age should be lowered as seen by our prison and dui and mp rates as compared to other countries whose drinking age is 18 if not lower. We are the only country over 21 and it is a waste of money and a waste of potential promising adults.

Is there any way to fight this?? As they also had no reason for the search or stop just that they believed that someone was underage which is also unconstitutional AS I WAS NOT SEEN WITH A BEER or drinking we rounded the corner and they were on a canoe and stopped us.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Is there any way to fight this?? As they also had no reason for the search or stop just that they believed that someone was underage which is also unconstitutional AS I WAS NOT SEEN WITH A BEER or drinking we rounded the corner and they were on a canoe and stopped us.
Have you heard of cell phones or walkie-talkies? How much ya wanna bet you were seen upstream, and the cops downstream were contacted? Silly boy.

quincy

In Michigan, just possessing alcohol if you are under 21 results in an MIP. The fact that you blew a .09 because you just drank a beer does not matter. Michigan has a Zero Tolerance law for minors. Any amount is too much.

If you are under 18, your parents will be notified.

And you will be tracked down through your license number.

You can Google MCL 436.1703 for the statute.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Michigan and recently was up north by the Lake Huron floating.

Me and about 7 of my friends the cops pulled us over on the river and checked us, I was the only one under 21 I blew a .09 after finishing my third beer a minute before being stopped.

They wrote me a ticket but have no discription of the person responsible on the ticket, no drivers liscense number, the wrong middle name, an old address that I haven't lived at for a year but that my liscense is registered to and my correct birth date. Is there any way to fight this because een the river name was wrong and there are no icident numbers on it and I can not see the officer's id number. They also refused a second breathalizer after the ticket because I said I had just finished my last beer like just using mouth wash. They also didn't write down a detection device but I am not sure if that matters.

Also do you know if this goes down on my record, it says only misdemeanor and pay the fine. I jsut think what a waste of our tax money I mean I am a junior in college when else am I supposed to have agood time.
You are aware that the bolded is another crime? You have a duty to update your license within a reasonable amount of time -- NORMALLY within 30 days. Yet you haven't done so in a year. Hence you have broken the law yet again. Nice job. You are supposed to ALWAYS follow the law. Breaking the law is your idea of a good time? GROW UP. You deserve whatever punishment is handed out quite frankly. Laws apply to everyone.

Radcannon

thanks quincy thats just so stupid though.

HAha ya i doubt they saw me downstream as they said when the pulled us over the suspected someone was underage and if you saw me you would think i was your father. Don't think that was the case thanks though. Considering maybe ohh 90% of the river was drunk.

OH REALLY, thanks ohiogal you are so smart. Considering I am in college and I haven't had a permanant address for over a year because i move every three months. Maybe i should update my permanant address even though my parents still live there, actually i should probably update it every 3 months considering a permanent address is considered as a year or more. Can't really apply for a new liscense since I haven't had an address in the same city consecutively for more than 3 months in a row. You should be in law, or maybe you should read law and think about what you don't know before you comment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">