• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does this work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rookie8itch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx - Ohio
5 years ago I met my husband. A month befor that he had broke up with the women he was with. She called about 4 months into our relationship and told us she was pregnate with his baby...Well he didnt believe it was his. Anyways so she gave the baby to her aunt (no legal papers or anything). Last month we found out it was his son and we would have to pay $700 a month in child support on a child that we have never seen and not to mention we have two children of our own...So we was wondering if she could adopt him...We dont know where to start with this. I know you can get forms off the internet but what would we have to do after that??? We dont know how this works.....Help please

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Read the sticky -

You don't have a dog in this fight. This has NOTHING to do with YOU. You will not EVER have to pay a PENNY in child support.

Rookie8itch

The aunt really really wants ro adopt the kid! And we talked to a lawyer but he never mention HER adopting the kid

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">