• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contrinuting to the delinquency of a minor (Military Law)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skidwiz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Military/North Carolina

I had a party at my house recently, and there were over 20 people present. During the party, I noticed several people there were under the age of 21, so I spoke with them to ensure they not drink. Later that night, one of them arrived back at the barracks highly intoxicated. Her drinking was immediately associated with my party and now I am being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I have been in the army for 8 years, and intend to stay for 20, but this article 15 they intend to give me will ruin my entire career. I have to fight it. However, I don't know how this law applies to the military. I read through the UCMJ, and the only articles I think that may apply to this situation are possibly 112a and 134. 112a would be stretching it though.

My roommates g/f was speaking with the person who was caught drunk underage all night long. She says that she never saw the girl consume even one beverage. The girl who was underage told me that she was the DD, so I naturally assumed that her friends would make sure she wasn't drinking since she was their ride home. I tried to cover my bases. I specifically told her not to drink. I don't see how I can be held responsible if she was sneaking drinks all night, or if she got drunk after she left the party and before she got home.

Please, any advice is highly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">