• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there a contract? (help with eBay)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ABLaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

eBay instituted a rewards program in May called eBay Bucks. It ran until the middle of August, and only invited individuals were eligible to sign up. During this time you earned a percentage back on your purchases; this amount was then awarded as a coupon/voucher for one-time use on a purchase made by September 21st. First, I would like to know what this program constitutes; is it a contract? Does contract law apply here or is it something else?

Second, eBay did not award me eBay Bucks for one of my auctions, yet I did not violate any of the program's terms. In my communications with them they have basically told me to forget it and provided no real explanation for its invalidation. They have also said things that either did not appear in the terms and conditions at all or were completely contradictory to those terms. I would like to know what authorities I can contact regarding this matter as I just don't know into what areas of the law my situation falls. I don't believe they can just act with impunity and not abide by their own terms and conditions (and if they can, I don't understand how that's fair to consumers).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">