• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

46% tuition increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srna2008

I am writing to find out if a case could be made against my graduate school for raising tuition 46% in one year. The total cost of my program was quoted at about $39,000 during the overview/interview session. By the time I finish school, I will have paid about 40% more than that for the program. The class behind mine has had a tuition increase of 46% in one year. We have also been charged for classes which have not been held, and we have been told that we received all the material in the prior semester and therefore didn't need to actually have the class we were registered for. This has happened several times.

There is a contract that states that tuition will not be increased without consent from our program director. He has not agreed to the increases; however, he is not willing to go to bat for us, even though he was the one who provided us with a copy of the contract.

Do you think there's a case here? Would it be a class-action lawsuit?

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">