• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cayuga26

Virginia I purchased an Acer computer online from company: CDW, within months the computer would re-boot on a regular basis. I have a 1 year "on site" service warranty(reason I purchased this computer). Unfortunately, Acer will not honor the warranty, they say they have the right to have me send the computer to them for repairs instead of having "Tech" come to my home. I have had to send the computer to Acer 3 times for the same problem, they have not been able to fix the problem. My computer is still under full warranty, less than 1 year old. Acer finally approved to have a Tech visit my home, but he could not fix the problem. Now I am being instructed to send the computer back to Acer for a 4th time. I have to package up the computer and drive to a shipping location. What recourse do I have? Acer has told me they can keep having me resend the computer until they fix the problem? Thank you for your help.

BL

Virginia I purchased an Acer computer online from company: CDW, within months the computer would re-boot on a regular basis. I have a 1 year "on site" service warranty(reason I purchased this computer). Unfortunately, Acer will not honor the warranty, they say they have the right to have me send the computer to them for repairs instead of having "Tech" come to my home. I have had to send the computer to Acer 3 times for the same problem, they have not been able to fix the problem. My computer is still under full warranty, less than 1 year old. Acer finally approved to have a Tech visit my home, but he could not fix the problem. Now I am being instructed to send the computer back to Acer for a 4th time. I have to package up the computer and drive to a shipping location. What recourse do I have? Acer has told me they can keep having me resend the computer until they fix the problem? Thank you for your help.
If acer can not fix it this time , request a replacement .

If they refuse , file a complaint with your local office of attorney general - consumer affairs .

Make sure you warranty will be transfered or honored on the replacement .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">