• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiding the living trust from beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sfjt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

As an objector, I just learned 4 months after my father's death and during a probate court appearance to remove the executor that not only my claim that they were hiding assets but that I learned I was in fact a beneficiary to my father's revocable living trust. I haven't seen this document, been asking (even executors attorney lied and said I wasn't listed) but after much coaxing the judge asked and the executors attorney finally admitted I was a beneficiary to the revocable living trust.

My questions are:
1. How much time do they have to remove me from this trust? They claimed they are doing that but I haven't even received any documents.
2. If the executor's mother is selling my father's house, don't I need to be involved since the house is probably listed in the trust?
3. Isn't not notifying me of being a beneficiary to the trust (4 mos after death) considered grounds for removal as an executor?
4. since I have proven they have hid vehicle assets, revocable living trust, employment life insurance, etc.. how can I protect myself (while trying to hire an probate litigator) from them stealing from trust, hiding assets, etc.?

I'm a bit surprised the judge allowed the executor to be granted the duty to become a personal representative even though I showed numerous items of proof that he was hiding assets, living trust notification, etc. Should I be requesting a new judge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">