• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible misuse of trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenbee59

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma.
My daughter has a trust set up by my now late wife. I believe one of the trustees has misused or possibly converted some of the trust in to his name and has not retained proper records. I was told I cannot get the info on the trust. I am not on good terms with the trustees, one of whom is experiencing symptoms of alzheimers. My daughter is 18 and the trust matures at 25. How can I be sure she will actually have something in the trust when she is 25.

tranquility

Just because *she* doesn't get a distribution until 25 does not mean she doesn't have the right to an accounting. (Some states may be different and I don't know MA law.) Have *her* request an accounting. But, some questions first.

Has she been shown the relevant portion of the trust where she is made a beneficiary?

What makes you think there is some problem with the management of the trust?

Is there any portion of the trust which states an accounting is not required until a certain time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">