• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty voided by company But came another issue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csd01424

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hi, I had a mp3 player which was under warranty period. It had some problem, probably water went in it. I opened its casing, thinking water will evaporate and also did not want to go through lengthy procedure of warranty ( Sending it to company, did not want to cause inconvenience for company & myself ). But the device did not start working. It still had the problem. Probably i did not notice that warranty policy would be voided in case I had opened the mp3 player casing. So i sent to the company thinking its under warranty. After sending it , i enquired about the status as them given me Repair service number (RMA number). One of the company worker replied my email as " The RMA replacement shipped out on 8/26/08. You will be receiving the new MP3 player within 5-7 business days. Let me know if you have any other questions. " But later when i got the packet i saw that they had straight way sent me back my mp3 player back to me without repairing it. I enquired for that and then they said that since i opened the casing so the warranty has been made void. In the meanwhile when i had just received their reply of their sending me a new mp3 player, i informed my many friends and was feeling very excited with the company services. But now i feel bit embarassed and disappointed. I agree my warranty had been made void but can i not charge against company (in some way) for giving me wrong info and playing with the sentiments of people. Can i not ask them that as they told me they are sending me new mp3 player so they should. OR atleast they should repair for free.???
Please anybody give your input .Can i take any action and if yes, what and how ???
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have no case. YOU voided the warranty. First, by allowing water to get inside, then by opening it up on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">