• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bipolar/schizophrenia and attempted murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blcman

pennsylvania
my fiance is bipolar/schizophrenic, ADHD, and has downs syndrome and he is easily influenced to do criminal things. a friend of ours convinced him to break into someones house when they're was supposed to be no one home and take some money. things went haywire as usual and guns were fired between the people that lived in the house, and my fiance and the other guy. my fiance confessed everything to the detectives. is it possible to try to lessen his sentence or get him put in a psych hospital or something because he is so easily influenced to do things? they are trying to charge him with attempted murder, endangering the welfare, criminal conspiracy, felon with a firearm, gun charges, etc. i don't know if there is anything i can do.

BL

pennsylvania
my fiance is bipolar/schizophrenic, ADHD, and has downs syndrome and he is easily influenced to do criminal things. a friend of ours convinced him to break into someones house when they're was supposed to be no one home and take some money. things went haywire as usual and guns were fired between the people that lived in the house, and my fiance and the other guy. my fiance confessed everything to the detectives. is it possible to try to lessen his sentence or get him put in a psych hospital or something because he is so easily influenced to do things? they are trying to charge him with attempted murder, endangering the welfare, criminal conspiracy, felon with a firearm, gun charges, etc. i don't know if there is anything i can do.
There is nothing you can do .

Many mentally ill persons are inmates of prisons .

They can take their meds there , if they choose to or not .

From your post alone , he knew what he was doing and had to know it was wrong .

It isn't like he was psychotic at the time .

blcman

another robbery charge

now he is also being charged with an armed robbery the next day. me and three other people know that he didnt do it. after the first incident, he stayed at home with us and "laid low" until the police came and arrested him almost a week later. who do i need to talk to in order to tell them he was at home with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">