• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked in a red zone overnight (less than 24 hours), got two tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hootch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Topic is pretty self-explanatory, is that legal? The tickets had me at different house numbers despite me being parked in the same spot though, did the last parking officer try to make it look like I was parked in different red zone?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, it's legal.
The addresses are there as a general guide.

Don't park in the red zone.

Hootch

Just curious, is there an official amount of required time between tickets? If 10 parking officers happened to pass my car, could I have gotten 10 tickets?

CdwJava

Just curious, is there an official amount of required time between tickets? If 10 parking officers happened to pass my car, could I have gotten 10 tickets?
In theory, yes. In practice, probably not.

It's not like one ticket gives you a free pass to keep parking there. The unofficial rule where I have worked has been to give it about 6 -8 hours before hitting it again - but it really depends on the nature of the violation.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">