• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16yr old daughter with 1 kid, 1 on the way.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need2knownow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I would like to know what to do, my daughter has recently moved back in with me from MA
and has a son, I have just found out that she was pregnant just prior to coming back. The father is 18 maybe 19yrs old, I started a custody case when she came back before I knew she was pregnant agian and the law gaudian tells me it looks bad for me. She said I should press charges against the boy which she is probably right but I think I might take her to CT and have them get married. She will be 17 in November and I feel if they want to play house then they should do it right, I really need some advice from people that can try to put themselves in my situation, thank you.

JETX

Based on your post, you apparently condone pedophiles having sex with children. Not only do you condone it, you support it. Sorry, by MY ethics doesn't.
Please write back after you have filed charges against both of these idiots for raping your daughter. And yes, sex under the age of sixteen is rape, as the victim does not have the legal right to consent.

luv4fairies

i would advise that you contact a pros. att. and ask them. they have to go by the laws of the state and county she was in at the time. As far as marriage goes make them go through counseling first so your not helping her through a divorce.

Last edited:

JETX

i would advise that you contact a pros. att. and ask them. they have to go by the laws of the state and county she was in at the time. As far as marriage goes make them go through counseling first so your not helping her through a divorce.
Your 'love of fairies' (that is TRULY strange...) must have left you in their fairie world.

The OP said "my daughter has recently moved back in with me from MA" so Massachusetts is where the crimes occurred.

Massachusetts
Chapter 265: Section 23 Rape and abuse of child
Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under sixteen years of age shall, for the first offense, be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, or, except as otherwise provided, for any term in a jail or house of correction, and for the second or subsequent offense by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years, but not less than five years; provided, however, that a prosecution commenced under the provisions of this section shall not be placed on file or continued without a finding.

Also possible:
Chapter 272: Section 2 Enticing away person for prostitution or sexual intercourse
Whoever fraudulently and deceitfully entices or takes away a person from the house of his parent or guardian or elsewhere, for the purpose of prostitution or for the purpose of unlawful sexual intercourse, and whoever aids and assists in such abduction for such purpose, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than three years or in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both such fine and imprisonment in jail.

Chapter 272: Section 4 Inducing person under eighteen to have sexual intercourse
Section 4. Whoever induces any person under 18 years of age of chaste life to have unlawful sexual intercourse shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than three years or in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one-half years or by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by both such fine and imprisonment.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can't MAKE them get married. And why would you do that to your child, anyway? Do you really want her to go through a divorce at 18, with two little ones? Why not follow the law guardian's recommendation? Why didn't you do something when she had the first kid? Where have you been while she was off getting knocked up? Where was her other parent?

Seriously, the LG is right - it DOESN'T look good on you for doing nothing.

outonbail

I think I might take her to CT and have them get married.
By suggesting this, I have to assume that you believe that the adult she was impregnated by, at the age of 15, is her mythological twin flame. Additionally, you believe he will make a fine son in law because he holds an executive position at a fortune 500 company which will enable him to provide a good life for your daughter and their children.
Is this correct?

If not, then I have to assume you are OK with the alternative scenario, wherein this guy becomes her pimp, sends her into the streets to turn tricks to support him, while he lays around in their single wide, neglecting his children because he's busy impregnating other 15 year old girls who have also been abandoned by mentally and emotionally dysfunctional parents.
Would this be an acceptable reason for you to ensure your daughters demise?
She will be 17 in November and I feel if they want to play house then they should do it right
I feel playing house involves a collection of Barbie & Ken dolls along with an easy bake oven, not exporting children to another state to experiment with some ghetto type lesson of survival, in a life they're in no way prepared to face.

I really need some advice from people that can try to put themselves in my situation, thank you.
I'll post some advice when I can come up with something that's not in violation of forum rules,,,,,,,

One last question: Your daughter didn't happen to be caravaning around in Mexico with a group of Spanish Gypsies recently did she?.

AHA

but I think I might take her to CT and have them get married.
Why?
She wasn't married when she conceived two kids, why does she need to be married to raise them, this is 2008, not the 1950s?
Help her file charges against the rapes, and be her support system instead. She's only 16, don't you think she has enough to worry about without you trying to force her into marriage? She's better off being single before the age of 20 than being a divorcee.

swrdmbo

Who was she living with when she became pregnant at 15, or 14 ? If you were the custodial parent I am guessing that you did not do your job of parenting her. Did you know she was sexually active at that age? If not, why not?And if you did why did you not try to put an end to it, and if failing in that, get her on birth control??

You bear some of the responsibility ( notice I said some) for the mess she is in.Forcing her to marry will help no-one.While I am not a fan of the system that makes it so easy for daughters such as yours to live off the welfare system I will say this...If she marries...many of those sources of help will be unavailable to her.

There is a form of birth control that lasts for a year ( and must be implanted ) and one that lasts for years. I would make it a condition that would be mandatory for her to use such a method of birth control after the birth of this baby if she expects your help.

Then I would have a serious talk with her ( not at her) and set up a plan to get her life back on track.Go after the men/boys that impregnated her and make them share in the responsibility.

I know you are angry, and rightly so.She should have learned from her first mistake.
But something is very wrong in your family. Yu either have not provided the guidance she needed, or she was allowed to pretty much do anything she wanted,without any consequences, and as such ended up pregnant not once,but twice by the time she is 16 years old.

Please try to curb your anger and work on getting your family up to a level where it can function in a healthy way, and future decisions can be much more healthy for all involved.Good luck!

RCM31507

I am only 20 years old and I think you are crazy. I have 17 month old son and as much as i love him to death and he saved me from myself I wish my mother would have saved me from myself and slapped me in the face and made me realize that I WAS 18 YEARS OLD. A 17 year old shouldn't be having a kid let alone her second one.

She will be 17 in November and I feel if they want to play house then they should do it right
What is wrong with you? Play house? The kids that your KID has are real children not dolls. It's not playing house it's real life. Those kids should be put up for adoption, the guy who impregnated your daughter should go to prison for taking advantage of little girl who doesn't know better, and you and your daughter need to go through years of therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">