• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help fast with a company called bennett & deloney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

microsoftsucks2

i had an incident at wal mart and they said they would let me off with a warning and now almost a year later i got a letter from bennett & deloney saying i have 30 days to pay 180 dollars or they are going to bring a civil action aginst me i want to know if they are real or not or if this is a scam thanks

RCM31507

im guessing you stole things from wal mart. They want 180 dollars because thats how much what you stole was? If thats all you stole and your in the state of california that's only a mis. i think if it's only that much money worth of stuff. And they cant file mis. after a year i think. Felony's they can though. I don't know, an idea, check into it

The Occultist

im guessing you stole things from wal mart. They want 180 dollars because thats how much what you stole was? If thats all you stole and your in the state of california that's only a mis. i think if it's only that much money worth of stuff. And they cant file mis. after a year i think. Felony's they can though. I don't know, an idea, check into it
They want the $180 has a civil demand to help cover the cost of anti-theft security.

Anyway, OP said "almost a year later" which means it hasn't been a year yet.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Request from that firm proof that that is what YOUR portion of the increased security cost. Ask them for costs of security and how they have increased correlated to how much what you stole was. Then request them PROVE the costs they are charging you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">