• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation search California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deanne1957

During a probation search of my rented home, which I share with my girlfriend and another person, meth. was found in a bra in a dresser which was not mine. Can I be convicted of possession for sales, which is what I am charged with and held in costody with no bail? My girlfriend has the same charge, only she has a clean record and was able to bail out. My girlfriend says she will cop to it since it was her stuff; I had no idea it was in the house. Am I in danger?

calatty

You can be convicted of possession of that meth for sale if the jury finds that you had control over it. That depends on the evidence regarding your access to that dresser. That your girlfriend cops to it does not mean that they can't prosecute your for it too on the theory that you jointly possessed it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">