• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregon_dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon
I'm a 27 year old man who has a 5 year old son. When I was 16 I had sex with a girl who was 3 and a half years younger than me. We both went to the same school, in fact we were 2 grades apart at the time. I know now that this was stupid of me, but for over ten years I have not had any similar law violations. My question is, Should I lose my parental rights over something I did as a child??? The State of Oregon is trying to say that because of this I am a threat to my 5 year old son.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When I was 16 I had sex with a girl who was 3 and a half years younger than me.
Just to be crystal clear - you raped a 12 1/2 year old child. Is that the rape you're trying to be pardoned for?

oregon_dad

consent

it was consensual, as a matter of fact the entire incident was initiated by the girl. also after ten years have passed she is a friend of mine and we have even dated briefly. i'm not saying what i did was a good idea, just that the situation is much more complex than people think. people see the word rape and assume the person that is guilty is a pervert or a pedophile. i was adjudicated on a technicality. the age difference was a little more than 3 years. so i was guilty of having consensual sex with someone under 16 years of age.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
it was consensual, as a matter of fact the entire incident was initiated by the girl. also after ten years have passed she is a friend of mine and we have even dated briefly. i'm not saying what i did was a good idea, just that the situation is much more complex than people think. people see the word rape and assume the person that is guilty is a pervert or a pedophile. i was adjudicated on a technicality. the age difference was a little more than 3 years. so i was guilty of having consensual sex with someone under 16 years of age.
Yeah, that's what a lot of pedophiles say. "The child seduced me! She wanted it! What could I do?" :rolleyes:

The Occultist

Your failing point here is that you think it was "consensual". Unfortunately, the law does not recognize a 12 year old as having the ability to give consent, so no matter what you claim she told you, she did NOT, in fact, give consent.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't reply to private messages. If you have something to say, feel free to do so publicly. I'll help you with that this time around.

o.k. douchebag
if you read the whole message it sstates that the female and i are still friends, if you'd like me to i can get you contact info and you can ask for yourself who's idea it was. and i suggest getting some more education if you want people to think you are intelligent.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey OP insulting Stealth isn't going to get you anywhere. 12 year olds do not have the LEGAL capacity of consent. End of story. You RAPED her. LEGALLY that is the fact. You don't like the fact but that is NOT our problem. You are a rapist -- a child rapist at that. Got it?

Now past that fact, you have yet to answer why you believe your current parenting is at risk.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Lets try to get you to understand... Shall we?

Apparently you did rape her. YOU WERE CONVICTED. If you were not convicted of a crime regarding this child then you would not be questioning whether the state could use it against you. The moron here is you.
I know now that this was stupid of me, but for over ten years I have not had any similar law violations.
You admitted it was a law violation. You admitted it was a law violation. You were convicted of it. If you want to argue that you couldn't be guilty due to the fact that you were only 16, that argument is NOT with us. It is with the state WHEN you were convicted. If you want to continue to deny that what you did was illegal have at it. But that will NEGATIVELY impact your ability to keep your child. The state tends to believe that if you cannot admit your past wrongdoing for which you were CONVICTED that you will not be able to actually identify right from wrong now. Based on that, you very well can be a threat to your five year old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

oregon duii

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon
about 8 years ago i got arrested for drunk driving, i never completed the duii diversion program. how long do i have to wait to get my license?????
Hey Oregon Dad -- the above could also be a reason why the state thinks you are threat to your child. Having outstanding legal issues is NEVER a positive. The fact that you were underage at the time is not a good sign as well. You are not a fast learner are you?

The Occultist

Hooray! I got one too! I think that means I've "made it":

you also are failing to realize that a 16 year old cannot give consent in the state of oregon, therefore consent could not be given by either party. everyone who replies to this post fails to understand that it was a juvenile court case, but that's right, i forgot that you think you know more than everyone else. get the facts straight. also the female involved is now in her twenties and is a friend of mine. if i hadn't gone to juvenile detention for this, for all i know i might be married to her now.
The fact is, genius, you DID go to juvenile detention for it, because you did commit a crime. By the way, yes, a 16 year old may not legally give consent, but for somebody under of age 13, one can face not simply statutory rape charges, but CHILD molestation, you know, 'cause she's a CHILD. Why don't you mull that one over for awhile.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, the pedophile/rapist keeps pm'ing me, too.

the funny thing is.....
i was 16 for maybe 2 months at the time, the girl involved turned 13 shortly thereafter, we both went to the same school, 2 grades apart, we had classes together, the girl is still a close friend of mine, if we both weren't engaged to other people we would probably be in a relationship with each other. as a matter of fact, we have, in the past, talked about a serious relationship. so, before you go making assumptions as to the facts of the case get those facts straight. and your 16 yo son only says they are "little girls" is because he thinks that's what other people think. another thing that's kind of funny is that if everyone who did something like that was convicted of it, somewhere around 1/3 of the american population would be convicted sex offenders.
The funny thing is, that you keep trying to rationalize away your behavior. Except... the only people you will convince that it's "okay" to have sex with a 12yo is another pedophile. Did your parents buy your story? Are they proud of having a rapist in the family?

LOL I bet the next part of the saga will include the BFF victim coming on to post about what a great guy he is, she was completely at fault, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">