• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contributing to delinquency of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts. my 17 y.o. son is on probation until his 18 th birthday next year. he runs away and stays with the mother of a friend of his. he does drugs and i don't know what else. i have spoken to this woman directly, explaining to her that she is contributing to his delinquency by letting him stay there. (he has a curfew and my husband and i do not want him there.) does this law include 17 year olds or exclude them? his probation started when he was 16. thank you, georgette

georgette

contributing to delinquency of minor

my husband reported our son missing on friday sept. 5th to his probation officer as he did not come home thursday after school. his probation officer put out a warrant for him at that time and then on monday the police picked him up. he was at school, although he did not go to school friday. my son told me he stayed at that woman's house. he went before the clerk of juvenile court yesterday on this matter and will go before the juvenile judge tomorrow. he is being detained at a juvenile detention center until tomorrow. i told the clerk that he was at that woman's house and she wasn't sure if the contributing to the delinquency of minor issue applied as he is 17.

Zaaz

Make a police report and have the cops look into her doings. A clerk of the court is not going to investigate a crime even if its was one. And the probation officer only cares about crimes your son is committing. He is a minor until he is 18.

MGL

Chapter 119: Section 63. Inducing or abetting delinquency of child

Section 63. Any person who shall be found to have caused, induced, abetted, or encouraged or contributed toward the delinquency of a child, or to have acted in any way tending to cause or induce such delinquency, may be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars or by imprisonment of not more than one year, or both. The court may release on probation under section eighty-seven of chapter two hundred and seventy-six, subject to such orders as it may make as to future conduct tending to cause, induce or contribute to such delinquency, or it may suspend sentence under section one of chapter two hundred and seventy-nine, or before trial, with the defendant’s consent, it may allow the defendant to enter into a recognizance, in such penal sum as the court may fix, conditioned to comply with such terms as the court may order for the promotion of the future welfare of the child, and the said case may then be placed on file. The provisions for recognizance in section fifty-six shall be applicable to cases arising hereunder. The divisions of the juvenile court department shall, within their respective territorial limits, have exclusive jurisdiction over complaints alleging violations of this section.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">