• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to trasfer juvenile probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCM31507

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Im 20 years old. I commited grand theft when I was 17 years old. I stole 10,000 dollars out of a bank account of my moms. She pressed charges that never got brought up and we winded up moving on. At the age of 19 they decided to bring this up and kick me in the ass. I took a bargain of 80 hours of community service and informal probation. I had a son at the age of 18 and I didnt have the money or the people to watch him while I did my community service so I couldnt complete it. So now they put me on formal probation and gave me 120 hours. I planned on moving up north to my older sisters to better my life (she is a stay at home mom) so I could have the resources to help me finish school and work more. Also I have anxiety attacks and being where I am increases them and I need to get up north to get help for it. So I sent my son up to my sisters ahead of me so i could start on my community service to keep my probation officer happy and while I had her transfer my case. Well now she says that she cant transfer my case because I have obligations here and something about how I'm too old and they probably wont except me. I haven't seen my son for a month and my anxiety attacks have increased and it's hard for me to get stuff done. Is there any legal way I can get them to transfer and except if I have a doctor say it would be better for my health from my anxiety to get away from here or any other legal way to get out of here. Please help me, thank you.

branman1971

Less Hassle to Buckle Down

How many hours of CC did you complete of the first 80 hours?

Never heard of a doctor making it possible to transfer your case but I guess it could be possible. Who is to say that things won't be just as stressful when you get up north though? What if the anxiety doesn't stop? Blaming the anxiety wont fly with anyone if that happens. In my opinion, it would be a lot less hassle for all involved (except you of course) to buckle down, get your community service done, and then go north and start fresh without any of this baggage with you to interfere with your family and your child. Keep the thought of being with your kid with all this stuff behind you in the front of your mind, and your anxiety might even be better. Of course it won't be easy, but eventually you will have to face the consequences for decisions you have made, and they will not always be on "your terms". If the consequences were easy you wouldn't learn anything.

The Occultist

Two things need to happen before your probation can transfer: your current probation officer must agree to the transfer, and the courts in the new area must be willing to accept you into their probation. So, ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">