• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ gun laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DawnE22

My husband was charged in violation of NJS "2C:39-7A"and it states that"having been convicted in this state of a crime, did knowingly possess a weapon by having it in his possession" My husband bought those guns in a store and filled out the nessesary paperwork. What is the penalty in the state of New Jersey if he is found guilty? Please Help

S

sgt.lou

what other crime was involved

HI;
WAS YOUR HUSBAND CHARGED WITH ANOTHER CRIME AS WELL. THIS COULD BE EITHER A FOURTH OR A SECOND DEGREE CRIME.

D

DawnE22

Hi, no, the gun charge was the only thing he was charged with. The police were originally called to the house because of domestic violence, but I was the one arrested on a domestic violence charge, not him. Later on they came back to the house and asked to come in to talk to him, and arrested him on the gun charge. The guns were in plain view, locked up in a gun rack in the living room. Do you have any idea what the penalty's might be? The problem is that he was convicted of a felony in 1983 and supposedly he was not allowed to have guns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">