• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complicated in OKLAHOMA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tressy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oklahoma
OK here goes: We have had our great-nephew living with us since January 2008. He is now 15 months old.
His mom was busted for selling narcotics to undercover officers...when she was busted, she had him with her. After very long drawn out court appearances, she got a plea bargin and no jail time in June. Probation, drug classes, counseling, and AA....and a felony charge is what she got.
She has made NO attempt to come get him, does not pay for anything for him and has only called 3 times in 3 months....
at what point could we look in to terminating her parental rights?
Baby's dad is unknown and from out of state.
She brought me his birth certificate, ss card & shot record in July.
I just really feel like something needs to be done...but I'm not sure what to do. I just don't feel like I'm gonna come out ahead on this deal...if something isnt done soon. And especially for the baby involved, its not fair to him.
Thanks for any advice anyone can give. I appreciate it!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">