• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Shoplifting Teen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaydee101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Connecticut

I have a major problem. I was arrested for shoplifting in May, and had the case thrown away. I am 16 and I got caught again recently. The Case was thrown away 2 weeks ago. What should I do. I was caught in school stealing a burger (stop laughing), and my new principle said I have 5 days of out of school suspension, and I will be going to court soon. I thought the punishment was outrageous, but I guess I should have thought of it before I did it. I will be applying to colleges soon, and I am an honors student. Can anyone tell me what my sentence will be realistically.

PLEASE HELP. I AM IN PANIC MODE!!!!!

swrdmbo

Why would anyone be laughing??? You got away with stealing TWICE just since May, and both times you got off...how many times have you stolen things and not been caught?

After these two lucky breaks you are dumb enough to try to steal a burger at school.I don't see how you are an honor student at school...you have demonstrated that you do NOT learn things as you should.And boy...you must mean you have a 3.0 or above,because you are definitely not an "honor" student.

The fact that you think the punishment for stealing ( oh it was only a burger)is ridiculously harsh shows YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING! You need a serious attitude adjustment.Being a thief is not going to look good on any college application. But I suppose you will just lie about ever being arrested as well.

This is not meant in a mean spirited way but I HOPE you get some sort of consequence for your thievery THIS TIME as stealing at least 3 times in 4 months tells me you have a much bigger problem than what your punishment will be.

PJ Weber

I was arrested for shoplifting in May
I got caught again
I thought the punishment was outrageous, but I guess I should have thought of it before I did it
Especially after the first time :eek:
Can anyone tell me what my sentence will be realistically
Nobody here can predict what is going to happen . . .prepare for the worst

and my new principle said I have 5 days of out of school suspension
The principle is not to steal, the principal gave you five days as a consequence

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">