• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

23 parking tickets & booted...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianabomb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Im in a predicament, a big one as you can see, i got a boot on my car infront of my home today, i have 23 unpaid parking tickets, my car is not registered, i have no insurance and no money. Last year for me has been very challenging. My previous car which i had with full coverage, good driving record, etc was stolen a week after i went from full coverage to liability after 5 yrs with mercury, so naturally my stolen car (which came back with another cars parts) was not covered. I had to sell the remains of my old car for 1500 and bought my current car, in the same month i lost my job so registration & insurance were neglected. I was resentful towards the "system" in a sense so ive been driving around very carefully but illegally & during then til now have acquired 23 various parking violations from street cleaning to non registered plates.

Now i have incurred a balance of 2400 in fines, i have 72 hrs to come up with at least 60%. Can i serve time? I have 1 moving violation that is probably in collections now as well. Im still unemployed. Seems as though this snowball affect has caught up to me, i would just like to serve time & have it go away. your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

Some Random Guy

Driving is a priviledge and not a right. Get used to public transpotation during your job search. We don't have debtors prison in this country, so you cannot do time in lieu of your fines.

You say that you "have 72 hrs to come up with at least 60%." If you don't pay by then you will get towing and storage fees added. Once it is towed, talk to the storage yard about cancelling your debt to them by relinquishing the title.

Get all personal effects out of the vehicle now.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Im in a predicament, a big one as you can see, i got a boot on my car infront of my home today, i have 23 unpaid parking tickets, my car is not registered, i have no insurance and no money. Last year for me has been very challenging. My previous car which i had with full coverage, good driving record, etc was stolen a week after i went from full coverage to liability after 5 yrs with mercury, so naturally my stolen car (which came back with another cars parts) was not covered. I had to sell the remains of my old car for 1500 and bought my current car, in the same month i lost my job so registration & insurance were neglected. I was resentful towards the "system" in a sense so ive been driving around very carefully but illegally & during then til now have acquired 23 various parking violations from street cleaning to non registered plates.

Now i have incurred a balance of 2400 in fines, i have 72 hrs to come up with at least 60%. Can i serve time? I have 1 moving violation that is probably in collections now as well. Im still unemployed. Seems as though this snowball affect has caught up to me, i would just like to serve time & have it go away. your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

**A: you are talking to the wrong people. We do not allow posters to serve time.
The most is we allow posters to serve drinks and steak and lobster on Fridays.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">