• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clearing a 23 yr old felony conviction in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alittlehelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Arizona, but my felony conviction was in Suffolk County New York. I was convicted for possession and conspiracy of a controlled substance, received a one to three year sentence, served one and completed the other 2 on parole.

I went as far as to get a relief of certificate of disability so that I could become a licensed real estate agent in New York. I continued on to be a certified appraiser and real estate broker in both New York and Florida and have held licenses in both cities.

I am now in a bad financial standing about to go bankrupt. I was told that this will hurt me in trying to clear my record. This record has continued to haunt me over the years. I have never been in trouble before or since. Since my arrest, I have received a bachelor in science and maintained employment over the years.

My questions are can I get this record sealed or expunged or pardoned? Will I ever be able to register a firearm since I plan on going into the jewelry business in the future?

Any help to these questions would be greatly appreciated. I would consider hiring an attorney if it weren't too costly. I could use a little help here. Thank you for your response.

Last edited by a moderator:

alittlehelp

I already have a relief of certificate of disability and...

it states I can't bear a firearm.

do you know how I could clear this record?

I was told file for reinstatement of civil rights (which could take a year) and I still don't know how to go about it and/or I was told to request a clemency hearing in any federal building in the state in which I live.

So far, none of these are helpful to me. I would like to clear my record or seal my record. I would like to know if I could ever carry a firearm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">