• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Of A Kind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luckymommy6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
We live in California
My ex-husband and I have 3 girls ages 12, 11, and 9. The girls live with me and we have joint custody with me as primary. My two oldest daughters have asked my husband of 6 years to adopt them and my ex has agreed to this, but refuses to allow my 9 year old to be adopted. She sees him every other weekend and the other girls have expressed they no longer wish to go there anymore. My ex-husband contacted an attorney and said he was going to handle it all but then he called and said that the lawyer refused to take the case because my youngest daughter was living with me and the other two would be adopted by my husband.

The legal question is there a problem having my youngest living with me still while my other two daughters are no longer seeing their dad and actually being adopted by my husband?

(One thing I will state is the fact that my ex told my daughter's this multiple times without talking to me or me asking me if this is what I wanted)
yes, I am in full agreement with allowing my husband to adopt my daughters since it gives them some of that security that they have longed for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">