• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges in texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cshearin

my son was stopped and charged with possession of marijuana and he also had an empty bag in his wallet where he had cocaine and they found that after they had him at the jail, he had forgotten it was in his wallet so they charged him with bringing cocaine into a controlled facility along with the cocaine charge as well
what can we expect him to recieve in way of fines, time or probation. he is 22 and first time charges for drugs but he does have felony charges from when he was a teenager and that is over, he made full restitution and legal term is burglary with no conviction. what can we expect and can an attorney help him beat this thing. he is going to drug counceling tomorrow and see if this has been going on for a while or just getting started. will this help with the charges. thx

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Only a criminal defense attorney could help in this situation. He/she can try a couple of things:

lessen the charges/dismiss certain charges based on lack of intent

OR see if your child is eligible for diversion/deferred judgment programs.

http://www.attorneypages.com

C

cshearin

d in texas

thank you very much for takeing the time to reply to my question. this has hit me like a brick wall and its nice to know that someone would take the time to reply to my question. again thank you very much. your reply has helped.
thx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">