• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clemency and cost of?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MerryAA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA How do I go about filing clemency its been 10 years since my sentence was served?And do I need a lawyer?

seniorjudge

Q: How do I go about filing clemency its been 10 years since my sentence was served?And do I need a lawyer?

A: If you've already served your sentence, then why do you want clemency? :confused:

MerryAA

I was told to file clemency in order to remove record its keeping me froma job it was felony possession of marijuana

seniorjudge

I was told to file clemency in order to remove record its keeping me froma job it was felony possession of marijuana
Ah!

You mean you want a pardon or expungement!

For a pardon, call the pardons clerk at your state's governor's office.

To get something expunged, hire a lawyer.

However, this info will be out there forever on some private background check company's database.

Ah!
However, this info will be out there forever on some private background check company's database.
It is?? -- why would some private background check company keep this forever?

If the record gets expunged then it will not show up in any private background check company and if it does then the private company can be held liable for damages...

Indiana Filer

It is?? -- why would some private background check company keep this forever?

If the record gets expunged then it will not show up in any private background check company and if it does then the private company can be held liable for damages...
The private background check company may already have the information in their databases before the expungement is ordered by the Court.

The private background check company may already have the information in their databases before the expungement is ordered by the Court.
True but they also do update their records: some once a month, some once a quater, some bi annually and even others annually. I am just not comfortable with the unethical, unscrupulous ways in which companies obtain this information. I am not saying that background check companies should not exist but due to errors that could occur - They should be regulated more than what the FCRA provides.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">