• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC: temporary construction sign posted while car was parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noahbaen

I got a New York City parking ticket after "temporary" no parking signs were posted in my absence for "construction" on the block where I had parked . My vehicle was in the spot legally for about 36 hours before the signs were installed and ticket issued. Is it a valid defense to claim that I had no notice or warning of the change and every reasonable expectation that I was parked legally?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

I got a New York City parking ticket after "temporary" no parking signs were posted in my absence for "construction" on the block where I had parked . My vehicle was in the spot legally for about 36 hours before the signs were installed and ticket issued. Is it a valid defense to claim that I had no notice or warning of the change and every reasonable expectation that I was parked legally?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: so you are saying that you can legally park your vehicle in the same spot for 36 hours straight?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">