• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help My brother's been in jail for 9 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kandeee32

:mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

My brother has been in jail since January. He was arrested for burglary with a weapon. He was accused by a crack head who admitted that she never saw a weapon that he looked like he had a weapon in his pocket. He was not found with any of the items that she accused him of stealing. His public defender is a joke. He lost the names of witnesses that my family gave him 5 months ago. The judge will not allow my brother to get a new attorney.

Is it legal to be kept in jail for so long with out a trial and no real evidence? I am contemplating writing a letter to judge but I don't want to harm my brother's case. My record is clean and I am a very upstanding citizen. I hate to see my brother in this position. He, unfortunately has a record of petty crimes but he's innocent of what he's being held for.

:confused:

BL

Your letter to the Judge won't be accepted .

There is more to this than you are stating .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">