• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age for sex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bht737

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I just found out my daughter ( who was 17 at the time and is now 18) had sex with her boyfriend (who was also 17 at the time and is now 18). Do I have any legal recourse against this scum?

proud_parent

I just found out my daughter ( who was 17 at the time and is now 18) had sex with her boyfriend (who was also 17 at the time and is now 18). Do I have any legal recourse against this scum?
Per Utah Code, your daughter was old enough to provide consent.
76-5-401.1. Sexual abuse of a minor.
(1) For purposes of this section "minor" is a person who is 14 years of age or older, but younger than 16 years of age, at the time the sexual activity described in this section occurred.
Utah Code Section 76-5-401.1

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Which scum? Your daughter? Nope. She is too old to ground though if she lives at home you can attempt to do so. Why is the boyfriend more scum than your daughter -- if you are referring to the boyfriend? Both are the same age and participated and you don't say that he forced her to do so.

HomeGuru

Which scum? Your daughter? Nope. She is too old to ground though if she lives at home you can attempt to do so. Why is the boyfriend more scum than your daughter -- if you are referring to the boyfriend? Both are the same age and participated and you don't say that he forced her to do so.
**A: that's funny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">