• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving underage.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
Hello, I am really nervous. So a few weeks back i took my moms truck, picked up a few friends and went on a little joy ride. While we were driving we saw these kids on the side of the road having a fake sword fight. i stopped the car and my friend started talking crap to them and one of the kids that had the sword called my friend a pussy and all this other crap. So my friend gets out of the car walks over to the kid gets in his face and the kid pushes my friend. So my dumbass friend punches the kid in his face.
After my friend punches the kid one of the kids friends picks up this huge stick and bashes my friend over the head with it, So my other friends that were in the car jump out, Run after the kid that hit my friend with the stick . I turn the car around and follow them while they chase the kids into this yard. Then i see some woman and she starts screaming at my friends and chases my friend that punched the kid. he jumps into the truck and i notice he is bleeding all over, and had a gash in his head form the stick. So i am so sketched out at this point. I then see the kid that got punched and he had blood pouring out of his nose and it was crooked. So i drive away go to my house, park the car. and it was jsut me and my friend that got hit with the stick.
So i call my friends that chased the kids after my other friend got hit with the stick. They said that the lady grabbed them, Started swinging at them and slapped my friends girlfriend in the face.
This all happend about a week ago. So last night my friend that got hit with the stick was going to spend the night, But then his mom calls him and says shes coming to get him because there were police at his house and they had to read him his rights or some ****.
So this is what my friend tells me that happend: He said the police were saying that the kids nose was broken, and the kids mom said that the kids that she grabbed hit her. Which is complete bull****. And the cop said that they want to know who was driving the car, and that some guy followed me to my house, Which i call bull on because dont you think the police would be at my house already? Also i did not see ANYONE driving behind me. i am really worried that i am going to get in trouble for underage driving, stolen vehicle and probaly leaving the scene of a crime. Can anyone please tell me what is probaly going to happen? My friends mom told my mom that the cops were oging to be at my ohuse sometime tonight to tlak to me.

seniorjudge

Q: Can anyone please tell me what is probaly going to happen?

A: You will face the consequences of the worst trouble you have ever caused yourself in your short life. Hire a lawyer.

FlyingRon

Please avoid the profanity.

We have no crystal ball.
You however were obviously breaking several laws.

If I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut, and if the cops come to arrest you, get a lawyer before you say anything.

How old are you?
What does your mother say?

mike420

I am 14. I dident hit the kid or anything all as i did was drive.
My mom is flipping. She told me if the poilice come and ask about the car that she is telling them i stole it, Which i did. and i know. i f'ed up bad. but not as bad as my friend that broke the kids nose.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You are one lucky child that you're not mine. "Flipping" would be a mild description of my reaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">