• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

osvaldo

I have worked for the company I am employed with for two years . the first year of my employment for my bonus I received two weeks pay. Now last year they gave a bonus subtracted from the amount of overtime you made. So the more overtime you had, the less bonus you got. . Then said the reason for this was because it was in an effort to be fair, because our salary employees ( however the salary are non-exempt so they can't collect overtime, doesn't matter because they get paid more than hourly employees and a great deal of them don't even work 36 hours a week.) don't work over time it wouldn'tbe fair for the hourly employees to work overtime and still get two weeks pay as a bonus when salary does not get paid for overtime. My argument is that the salary empolyees get paid more money anyway .In my department whicih is IT my co-workers and myself don't even get paid the base of what the National Salary Survey says other techs in the same zipcode as us get paid. Is there anything I can do besides find another job, because I've been looking. This is just a tough time of year to look for a job.

I am from Plantation, FL.

[Edited by osvaldo on 02-19-2001 at 09:16 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">